Shopping safe online
27.5% of all retailing was shown as online sales in September 20201
With such a high percentage of shopping being done online, we wanted to make sure you can feel safe whilst doing so. So, we’ve put together a few quick tips for shopping safely and securely with your Cashplus Bank card online.
- Always use trusted websites (look for the security padlock). Make sure any site you’re using is secure – you can tell because the URL will start with https:// and feature a padlock icon next to it.
- Check before checkout. It always pays to review your shopping cart before checking out to avoid paying for any double-ups or unwanted items.
- If you’ve lost your card, you can lock it. It’s simple and easy to freeze/unfreeze it through a few simple clicks on the Cashplus Bank App and Online Banking, or by calling 0330 024 0924.
- If you’re a business customer, keep track of your spending and categorise your transactions on the Cashplus Bank App.
If you’re shopping in store, remember that you can use contactless for purchases up to £100. However for extra protection, occasionally you’ll be asked to insert your card and enter your PIN when making a contactless payment, even if it’s under £100. The £100 limit came into action on 15th October 2021 and may take some time to roll out across all shops, so you may notice a difference between shop to shop in the following months and some may decide not to increase the limit.
When shopping, using a card is generally safer than carrying cash. Transactions are more traceable and if misplaced, you can block or replace cards.
Manage your spending with the Cashplus Bank App
If you haven’t already, make sure you download the Cashplus Bank App. It’s the safest and easiest way to manage your account online and you need it to log in to Online Banking. View your spending and manage multiple cards with just a few taps.
Always be vigilant about potential fraud and scams
Even in these uncertain times, scammers will try and make of the most of any opportunity to trick shoppers. To help you stay one step ahead of the fraudsters, here’s a few things you can do to protect yourself.
- Before making a payment, always double check who you are sending funds to. Be wary if they don’t accept card payments and ask you for money directly.
- Do your research and always question deals that sound too good to be true – there’s a chance it might not be what it seems.
- Keep an eye on your transactions and statements so you can spot any payments that you don’t recognise.
- Never share your login details, password or memorable questions with anyone, including Cashplus Bank.
- Always use different passwords for your online accounts and create passwords that use a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
For more tips on how to spot a scam, read our cybersecurity tips on how to stay safe online.
Own a business and want to learn more about staying safe online? Here are a few useful links:
Are you a freelancer? Here’s ten top tips on how to improve your cybersecurity.
This content was created on 20th March 2020
Terms and Conditions apply, including applicants being resident in the UK & aged 18+ and, if relevant, businesses being based in the UK.
For full website terms including information on Cashplus Bank, Mastercard and use of Trademarks, please see our full legal disclosures at https://www.cashplus.com/legal/.
Advanced Payment Solutions Limited (APS) provides credit facilities subject to approval and affordability, and where accounts continue to meet APS credit criteria. APS is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the PRA. Our Firm Reference Number (FRN) is 671140.
♦Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to a 01 or 02 number and will count towards inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls. Calls may be recorded.